- Vardell Scholar / St. Andrews Presbyterian College, Laurinburg, NC
- 34 Years Professional Touring / Solo Concert Performer
- Multi-instrumentalist / Hammered Dulcimer, Concertina, Guitar, Banjo, Appalachian Dulcimer, Bowed Psaltery, Penny Whistle
- Touring in the Following States:
| || North Carolina|
- Selected Venues:
| || The Kennedy Center|
The Peace Center
NC Museum of Art
Richmond Children's Museum
| The National Theater|
The JFK Library
- 2005 Established "Silver Trout Arts" with wife Susana Abell - NC Teaching / Performing Artist
- Listed Artist / North Carolina Touring Program Since 1991
- Listed Artist / Wake County, Fayetteville, South Carolina Arts Council, Kentucky Center for the Arts & NW Virginia Arts-In-Education Rosters
- "Parent's Choice" Gold Award and NAPPA Gold Award for Best Children's Recordings 2005 for "Little Red Wagon"
- "Parent's Choice" Award for Best Children's Recordings 1999 for "Stories To Grow On"
- "Parent's Choice" Gold Award for Best Children's Recordings 1992 for "Play All Day"
- American Library Association "Notable Children's Recording Award" 1990 for "The Farmer's Market"
- Featured Artist / North Carolina Public Television / One-hour special program:
"Timmy and Friends: A Folksingin' Celebration"
- Recipient "Emerging Artist Grant" 1989 / North Carolina Arts Council
- Published Folk Music in the Classroom / A Comprehensive Teacher Curriculum Guide
- Recipient "Banjo Champion" / Mountain Dance & Folk Festival, Asheville, NC
- Teacher Workshops / Completed Kennedy Center Artists as Educators Seminar 1996
- Member ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Artists and Producers)
- Member NARAS (National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences)
- Member NSA (National Storytelling Association)